Ad unit 1

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

A sea monkey for a friend

One of my awesome writer friends, Matt Herring (you can find his site here) is writing a new book and was looking for original artwork to add to it. I do love to help out a friend when I can! His book is entitled "Monkey see... Sea Monkey!" and is about an evil invasion of Sea Monkeys.  From Matt's promotional page:

"MONKEY SEE... SEA MONKEY is a silly story I wrote that tells the story of an alien invasion from a ten year old's point of view. But instead of invaders from Mars... the invasion comes from Sea Monkeys... those loveable creatures that looked so much better in the comic books than in real life.
But what if they grew big? And what if the only way to fight them was by using things found in the ads of comic books?
That is where the fun begins!!!
Taking place in 1978, Sea Monkeys have risen up in the small town of Broad Brook, CT and look to enslave the world, one little town at a time. With the 24 hour news cycle decades away, the story is told in 70's time; slow, innocent and without the frantic pace we live in today. 
When you are reading this gem you'll be able to hear the sounds of the Bee Gees, Wings and KISS!"

How could I pass up an opportunity to participate in a project like this?!  I decided to draw a truly dangerous Sea Monkey, inspired by the WW2 warnings to GI's about feme fatale spies.So, consider this a sneak preview if you will- Here is my addition to Matt's book!

Ignore the PicCollage- I used the app to add the snazzy wood panel background. It's actually a rather fun iOS app that I would recommend downloading. 

Here is a link to Matt's completed Kickstarter campaign with more information about the book:

No comments:

Post a Comment