Ad unit 1

Monday, March 23, 2015

Halloween Pumpkins

We may be half a year away from Halloween, but I still thought it would be a good time to show off some of my sculpted pumpkins!
I have always loved carving pumpkins. Some designs are really simple, like this one from several years back:


Others are a little more complex, like this sweet little kitty:


And some are just too much fun to say no to. Need a pumpkin? Why not Zoidberg?


Unfortunately, as we all know a good jack-o-lantern will only last for a week or two before moldy disaster strikes. Therefore, I decided to make some cute sculpted pumpkins! In typical Amy fashion, I barely took any in-progress photos. All of them are sculpted in Apoxie over an aluminum ball. After sculpting I gave them colorful accents and a dark wash to bring out details. Here is a group that's ready for paint!



Here is the group of them once they were painted. this is how I displayed them. They were for sale at the Rock-and-Shock convention in Worcester in 2014.




Someone liked them enough to put them on Instagram!


Oddly enough, this last little guy never sold! He was one of my favorites, too. It's OK though, because I gave him to my good pal Matt and his wife as a Halloween gift. By the way, Matt is an awesome horror author so you should really check him out: https://twitter.com/MattFini


So what do you think, should I make some more for Halloween 2015?? Last but not least, here is a Hero Envy inspired Halloween doodle from my notebook. Too silly.


No comments:

Post a Comment